Want to learn why ‘more money’ isn’t the only answer for an employee?
Want to understand the science behind motivation and happiness?
Want to learn how to be more effective with your hours and energy?
You already know that investing in growth for you and your team is mandatory for success. I’m sure you are already reading the books, attending the right conferences and networking events, and trying to focus during yet another power point presentation.
I’ve been there. I’ve done that. I was also burnt out, jaded, and searching for something that could help me outside the workplace as well as within.
Welcome to the world of Positive Psychology. Think self-help + neuroscience. Welcome to a refreshing take on training. Yes, it includes power point presentations, but don’t let that turn you off just yet. My personality can make up for the PPTs!
What is Positive Psychology?
It’s a relatively new discipline (<40 years old) and focuses on the science of flourishing.
At it’s simplest definition, flourishing is about making your one wild precious life simply spectacular. It’s finding strength and depth within yourself so that you are no longer dependent on a larger paycheck, promotion, new job, or a better day. (Though sometimes those are also the answer.)
Why do you care?
If you own a business, manage a team, work for an employer, you are likely pulled in too many directions. Your team always wants more money, vacations, and promotions. Your business is navigating the incredibly complex and quickly changing world today. Your vendors and partners want to negotiate better terms and longer billing periods. And this is all before you walk out the door and return home for the evening.
Try as you might, you can’t find more time, more energy, more money, or more peace and quiet. Perhaps it’s time to look inside and find ways to work smarter and not harder.
And no, I don’t write this to be sarcastic or wax poetic about self-help. I love a good meditation and visualization, but I’m a scientific gal. I like to know WHY I do things. Show me some logic and you have a convert for life. This is why I love positive psychology so much. I also know how amazing it is for the workplace…it completely revolutionized my life as an employee, team lead, and now business owner. (I used to be a Program and Project Manager running global teams and $3-10 million USD technology and innovation efforts for JPMC and Gap Inc. Trust me when I say this stuff works! More about me at the end.)
What am I offering? What’s your next step?
I offer workshops, retreats and experiences for you and your team. Each is tailored to fit your needs and group size. They can be one-off workshops or a series. I can come to your office or find a place to host us. We can meet for 2 hours or a whole week. It’s up to you. Here is a list of popular topics to spark your thinking. If you are interested, contact me. I’m American and a straight shooter, so I won’t waste your time. Let’s figure out what you need and make it work!
1. POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY IN YOUR LIFE. Why you are in control of your happiness…and it has (almost) nothing to do with the size of your paycheck!
2. MINDSET. It really is your choice. While the past does impact your current reality, it doesn’t have to affect the rest of your life. Learn how to permanently re-pattern your life without needing long term coaching.
3. STRENGTHS. Name them. Spot them. Know them. Amplify them. Become more effective in the world and in your workplace by leveraging what you’re already doing well while learning to appreciate others’ strengths.
4. CONNECTIONS. Learn to build more positive and authentic connections with the people in your life. Uncover simple tools for helping the people in your become happier and healthier.
5. EFFECTIVE VISUALIZATION. Many people waste their energy thinking about things they “should change” but rarely do. Uncover this research based approach to effectively moving towards your best possible self.
6. MIND CHATTER. Is your mind-full or are you mindful? Learn about how your brain works. Identify how to redirect and reprogram your limiting beliefs to more empowering, solution oriented thoughts.
7. INTUITION. Learn the science of intuition and how to tell the difference between the static and the signals. Practice taping your inner wisdom and intuition.
8. HABIT CHANGE. Of course you can teach an old dog new tricks, you just need to know the science of how habits form and how they are broken. Learn to identify the trigger, habit loop and appropriate rewards to break old habits.
9. CHANGE AND HOPE. Yes, change is inevitable. What isn’t is that you have to worry
10. VITALITY AND HAPPINESS. Everyone knows they should eat their vegetables and drink more water. The silent killer though…sleep deprivation. Learn to identify energy patterns and learn exercises to naturally recharge your body and brain.
Topics especially good for the workplace
1. LETTING GO VS LEANING IN. Contrary to popular belief, not everything is worth fighting for…especially in the workplace. Uncover research and exercises for why letting go, forgiveness, and conflict resolution are mandatory for your team.
2. WORRY, STRESS & RESILIENCE. Change your thinking, Change your life. Identify patterns and create new options for the inevitable worries life brings. It’s more than just thinking positively.
3. ENERGY IN THE WORKPLACE. Permission to be human. Identify what drains and strains you and your team, both at work and outside of work, and learn simple tools to work with the dips.
4. GOALS, PURPOSE, AND MOTIVATION. Many managers worry about how to keep their teams moving, especially in times of change. Learn the science behind goals and how to motivate yourself and your team(s) without thinking the only solution is more money.
Who am I?
I’ve worked in corporate for years. I know what it’s like to work just for the paycheck. In my 20’s I thought the answer was always those usual answers – money, promotion, etc. Don’t get me wrong, the money never hurt. But a few years ago I realized I was wishing and hoping and living a life that wasn’t ideal. I was always a good employee, and the promotions and raises kept coming, but it was harder and harder for me to buy in to or wait around for the normal corporate training. Since I’m not one to wait around, I found and read a lot of books, attended a lot of events with some pretty cool creatives, and found myself one day in a workshop about resilience. That’s the first time I heard of positive psychology, and I’ve been hooked ever since. Here’s my LinkedIn profile if you want the more details on my experience. If your interest is piqued, contact me. Let’s see what’s the right fit for you and/or your team.