Fierce. Laser Focused. Highly Perceptive. Very Strong – mentally, emotionally & physically. Inspiring. Fun. Fearless.
I agree with all of them except the last. I’m not fearless. At least not the way it’s spelled.
I’m human, just like you. What might make us different is that, a few years ago, I couldn’t take the plaguing, screaming, incessant inner voices anymore. Instead of pretending they weren’t there or smiling and just getting through it, I did an about face, respected my intuition, and confronted my fears head on. Over time, I’ve learned to fear less.
You see, on paper, I looked good. I still look good (better if you ask me). But inside I was a mess. Nothing seemed to align. I had the degrees, circled with the right crowds, networked where I should.
And. I. Was. Miserable.
My energy was completely off. It didn’t matter how much I exercised, repeated affirmations, journaled, or did the rest of the self-help stuff. My energy was off, which meant my emotions were a mess, which then impacted by ability to reason and, ultimately, my physical self.
I won’t tell the whole ugly story here. What you need to know is if I can do it, you can do it. I didn’t have support, money, or a history of getting help. I figured it out on my own. It took a while, but I’m now on a roll.
You don’t have to wait that long though. You don’t have to go it alone. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
Whether you are looking for mental focus, more energy, an answer to the voices in your head, heck…an answer to “Tell me about yourself” on your next date/interview/party/etc. that does NOT include your degrees or current job, then I’m your gal.
I work with:
• individuals and groups ready to really maximize their one wild and precious life
• moms, dads, teenagers/college students trying to make sense of the world out there
• professionals who aren’t ready to escape the cubicle jungle but are ready to rediscover some fun (and maybe rock their next performance review too!)
• professionals who are (or think they are) ready to escape the cubicle jungle but are a mess when it comes to figuring out (read on…I’ve done it a few times and know what I’m talking about!)
• nomads who need grounding
• executives who need loosening up (no awkward corporate trainer here – I’ve been through enough of those PPTs for one life!)
The thing is, what I work with is for everyone. I don’t do the ‘niche’ thing, and I don’t care about your age, race, socioeconomic background, passport, or educational background.
I work with the science of flourishing. I help you learn how to better understand your body and all the nuanced messages it’s always sending you. I help you release stuck patterns and mindsets. And I create opportunities for you to get out in the world and really trigger some deep questions and growth.
It’s energy, baby. And grit.
I’m fun. Let’s play.
Ways to work with me
More about me
I’m a world traveler and life lover. Since leaving home at 17, I’ve:
– lived in 7 countries on 3 continents and 6 US states (currently live in Kampala, Uganda)
– launched 3 companies on 2 continents…and I’m busy launching a 4th company in Uganda right now! (US, Africa)
– self-funded and earned 2 degrees (incl. a top-10 ranked international MBA) while studying at 4 global universities (Munich, Vienna, Paris, Virginia)
– earned the US Fulbright scholarship and numerous certifications
– adopted my amazing cat, Natasha, who moves with me and has earned her own passport (Yes, it’s a real passport. And yes, I wish she earned frequent flier miles.)
My program/project management experience means order in chaos.
My natural drive and energy mean fun and action.
My insatiable curiosity means I invest heavily in mentors and training, and I bring my entire library of experience and education to the table.
On a personal note, I have a huge soft spot for elephants (proud foster mom of 2), hummus, and kale chips. I’ve earned the nickname ‘Vanilla African’ because of how easily I fit in to life in Mama Africa. You can often find me listening to e-courses while training for my next half marathon, hitting the mat to get my asana on in my private yoga practice and as a yoga teacher, on the salsa/bachata/kizomba dance floor, planning my next trip off grid, and initiating meaningful conversations everywhere I go.
Some of my beliefs
– Life is yours to design. Find your path or make one.
– Noise and random action are easy. Perception and discernment are skills.
– Great doesn’t start in your comfort zone.
– The answers are in the action.
– Don’t say No to yourself.
– Decide to be the exception.
– When you are ready, the teacher will emerge.